When does legal representation begin?

Legal representation can begin early if police want to question a juvenile about alleged delinquent or criminal activity. If the police are seeking to question a juvenile (ages 10 to 17) residing in Luzerne County, please contact us personally by telephone at 570-830-5116 or visit our office.

Otherwise, representation begins when the young person receives a Juvenile Delinquency Written Allegation.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for an attorney for a juvenile?
2. Can I apply for a juvenile attorney to attend a district justice’s hearing for a summary citation?
3. How do I get a juvenile attorney if I am a juvenile with charges directly filed in adult court?
4. What does the JDU staff consist of?
5. When does legal representation begin?
6. What does the JDU team do when it receives juvenile charges?
7. What are the goals of the JDU?
8. What is “your guide to juvenile court”?
9. What kind of training does the JDU staff have?
10. Does the JDU staff work with juvenile service providers?
11. How does the JDU staff communicate with system partners?