My town is no longer collecting recycling, what can I do?

Contact the MUNICIPAL OFFICE in your town and ask if the hauler collecting trash will accept recycling? 

Ask them if they know of any other hauler that might take recycling.

See below for additional places that may be able to assist you and answer any questions you may have.

  1. Municipal Recovery Inc., -570-829-3231-accepts CARDBOARD only-call for hours.
  2. Waste Reduction, Recycling & Transfer, Inc.-570-825-3522-CARDBOARD, NEWPRINT & METALS only - call for hours.
  3. EIO Waste Solutions and Recycling Center -570-639-1278- various items accepted-call for details and hours.
  4. Bloomsburg Recycling Center-570-784-4532-various items accepted-call for details and hours.
  5. Lackawanna County Recycling Center-570-963-6868-various items accepted, call for details and hours.

Show All Answers

1. My town is no longer collecting recycling, what can I do?
2. How do I dispose of a mattress?
3. What happened to the facilities that were accepting recycling dropped off from residents?
4. Who take fluorescent tubes for recycling?
5. Will the County be holding their tire collection in the Fall?
6. Are Pizza Boxes Recyclable?
7. Where can I take my television to recycle it in Luzerne County?
8. Why wasn't my garbage picked up today?
9. How do you recycle mercury or thermometers?
10. How do I get rid of old paint?
11. I need a price for a dumpster?
12. What size dumpsters do you have available?
13. What is single stream recycling?
14. Who do I call to report damage done by your driver?
15. Who has recycling containers for residents?
16. Where do I take my recycling now that the drop-off centers are closed?