To report damaged or missing sign, please send an email to the Road and Bridge Supervisor or call him at 570-8251603. Please provide the location and type of sign damaged or missing.
Show All Answers
State, County, and Municipal entities are exempt from these damages through “Sovereign Immunity”.
Our responsibility is to repair the pothole (road surface) in a timely manner and as weather permits.
Please contact your insurance provider to seek repair for your vehicle.
For County-maintained roadways only, please call the Road and Bridge Department at 570-825-1604 or send us an email at email@example.com Include as much information as possible. Include the road name, distance from intersection or nearest house number and any other information that will help our crews find the location. Please do not assume someone else has reported it.
For State owned roads, report the problem to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation at 1-800-FIXROAD.
Contact your Township or Borough for municipal owned roads.
To report a tree across a County road or other dangerous condition, please call 911 to report the location.
To report an icy road that is hazardous, report it to Luzerne County 911 Center.
Please do not call the center to ask when your road will be plowed.
To report a light out on the Cross Valley Expressway send an email to the County Engineer describing the location of the light. Please include the direction of travel the light is on.
Yes. Please fill out the permit and send into the County Engineer's Office at 200 North River Street Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711.
To report a problem with a County owned bridge, send an email to the Road and Bridge Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 570-825-1603.
Please see the list of our bridges to identify the one you're reporting.
If you believe a County plow truck damaged your mailbox (or other item), please send an email to the Road and Bridge Supervisor or call him at 570-825-1603. Include the location and date/time that the event happened. Also include a description of what was damaged. Include photos of the damage and any additional details that would be of assistance in the investigation.
Luzerne County owns 49 roads that total 124.7 miles. Please see the list.
To report a road water problem or blocked storm drain, please send an email to the Road and Bridge Supervisor or call him at 570-8251603. Please have the location and details of the water problem.
To report a vegetation problem along a County Road, please send an email (email@example.com) to the Road and Bridge Supervisor or call him at 570-825-1603. Include the location and type of vegetation (tree limb, brush, grass, etc.).
To find out the right-of-way width of a County road, please contact the County Engineer. he can be reached at 570-825-1631 or email him.
Ensure all SALDO(Subdivision and Land Development Ordnance) Plans and submittals contain the following:
1) Theplan needs to be signed and sealed by a registered professional surveyor in theCommonwealth of Pennsylvania.
2) Allexisting parcels need to be listed in the plan.
3) Theplan needs to list what kind of permanent monument is placed at the property corners.
4) Theplan needs to include the FIRM, checked to determine the subdivision is notwithin the 100 yr. flood plain.
5) Theplan needs to include a Location Map that includes clearly labeled majorroadways.
6) Theplan needs to include existing Right-Of-Way widths.
7) Theplan needs to include contour lines or indicate site elevations within thesubdivision.
8) Allexisting utilities must be shown on the plan or provide a note indicating theydo not exist.
9) Includea copy of the property deed.
10) Provide the names and parcel numbersof the adjacent property owners on the plan.
11) Please indicate the ownership of theadjacent roadway.
12) The plan needs to include existingtopographic features.
Please contact the County Engineer prior to placing anything in the right-of-way of a County Road. This includes utility poles, mailboxes, signs, etc. Also contact him prior to cutting any County road. He can be reached at 570-825-1631 or email him at Larry.Plesh@luzernecounty.org.
Luzerne County Flood Protection Authority is a separate organization now. They can be contacted at 570-208-6100 or Luzerne County Flood Protection.
Luzerne County is no longer coordinating the DCNR spraying program.
Additional information for homeowners is available at:
Penn State extension
Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
The Gypsy moth spray Status Interactive Map maybe of interest.