What will you need if you perform a hotel tax audit of our establishment?

We will need the following for any hotel tax audit:

  • Accounting records (hotel receipts) which identify revenues from hotel room rentals and other sources reported on Form PA-3
  • Copies of Form PA-3--PA Dept. of Revenue sales, use, and hotel occupancy tax (or etides PA state sales tax reports) reconciled to the hotel tax submission forms
  • Accounting records identifying hotel room rental tax collected and paid to the County
  • Exemption amounts, certificates, and folios for all exemptions claimed, by month and with the Hotel Room Rental Tax Permanent Resident Exemption Statement or the appropriate government exemption certificate (for all permanent resident exemptions claimed, records must reflect a minimum stay of 30 consecutive days)

Show All Answers

1. Is Accounts Payable still located in the Controller's Office?
2. I didn't receive my W-2 or 1099-Misc. Who should I contact?
3. Where will I find answers to questions about the bid process?
4. I believe there was an instance of bid rigging. Who should I contact?
5. I'm a newly elected tax collector. What should I know?
6. Is there a manual to guide tax collectors?
7. Do you audit tax collectors?
8. Do you have any tips for how tax collectors keep their books?
9. Do you audit hotels?
10. Is there a hotel tax manual?
11. Do you audit bed and breakfasts?
12. What if we rent a room, house, or apartment using Airbnb?
13. What will you need if you perform a hotel tax audit of our establishment?
14. What should I do if I suspect corruption within Luzerne County?
15. Who should I tell if I have a suggestion to better Luzerne County?