What will happen if I do not make payments as directed?

For Adult Offenders

Court Collections will monitor all cases for compliance. Failure to comply with payment plans may result in:

  • Contempt of court
  • Incarceration
  • Issuance of a bench warrant
  • A judgment (lien) may be filed
  • Reporting to a collections agency resulting in a 25% increase in your balance
  • Reporting to the credit bureau
  • Suspension of driver’s license
  • Violation of probation / parole / supervision

For Juveniles

Failure to pay is a technical violation of your supervision. If restitution is not paid, a number of outcomes may result, those being:

  • Civil suit filed by the victim against the juvenile and / or parents
  • Extension of Consent Decree
  • Extension of probation supervision
  • A hearing before the Juvenile Court Judge
  • A judgment (lien) may be filed once the juvenile offender turns 21, preventing future purchase of vehicles and/or property until the ordered payment is satisfied

Show All Answers

1. Why do I have to pay restitution?
2. How is the amount of restitution determined?
3. What if I disagree with the amount of restitution I am ordered to pay?
4. Can I pay my victims directly?
5. What about other fines, costs, and / or fees?
6. Where can the balance of court ordered fines, court costs, and restitution be found?
7. How can I make payments?
8. When should I begin to make payments and when are payments due?
9. What is a Judgment?
10. What will happen if I do not make payments as directed?
11. What if I bounce a check for my fines, court costs restitution?
12. What will happen if I move, get a new phone number, or change my employment?
13. How can I get detailed copies of all my case balances or the payments made to date?
14. I am owed court-ordered restitution but have not been receiving payments; who can help?
15. My license is suspended. Now what?
16. If I am unable to comply with my payment plan due to medical reasons, what should I do?
17. If I am in jail, what happens to my payment plan?
18. I'm a juvenile. What do I do about paying restitution?