What is a Judgment?

Pursuant to 42 PA. C.SA. 9728 (b), all defendants who have been convicted by a Court of Common Pleas and subsequently owe more than a $1,000 in fines, costs, or restitution, will receive a civil judgment. The Clerk of Courts Office is required to file a civil judgment in the Luzerne County Prothonotary’s Office regardless of the existence of a payment plan or if payments are being made. Judgments are satisfied upon payment in full. For further information on judgments, contact 570-825-1774. Judgement will be filed against any juvenile offenders reaching the age of 21 who have not made payment in full.

Show All Answers

1. Why do I have to pay restitution?
2. How is the amount of restitution determined?
3. What if I disagree with the amount of restitution I am ordered to pay?
4. Can I pay my victims directly?
5. What about other fines, costs, and / or fees?
6. Where can the balance of court ordered fines, court costs, and restitution be found?
7. How can I make payments?
8. When should I begin to make payments and when are payments due?
9. What is a Judgment?
10. What will happen if I do not make payments as directed?
11. What if I bounce a check for my fines, court costs restitution?
12. What will happen if I move, get a new phone number, or change my employment?
13. How can I get detailed copies of all my case balances or the payments made to date?
14. I am owed court-ordered restitution but have not been receiving payments; who can help?
15. My license is suspended. Now what?
16. If I am unable to comply with my payment plan due to medical reasons, what should I do?
17. If I am in jail, what happens to my payment plan?
18. I'm a juvenile. What do I do about paying restitution?