When should I begin to make payments and when are payments due?

The Court Collections Division will determine suitable payment plans that are fair and reasonable to the offenders, victims, and Court to ensure payment is collected in full. Restitution must be paid in full before a case can be closed. All monies owed must be paid in full before petitioning the Court for a dismissal and expungement of ARD or PWOV. Payments will be required on a regular monthly schedule and in the amount directed.

Payments should begin immediately after sentencing. Those who owe monies are encouraged to remit additional payments above and beyond their payment plan when possible. Juveniles remain on probation until the age of 21 if they do not fulfill the court ordered obligations. Juveniles must make all payments in full before a Consent Decree can expire.

Show All Answers

1. Why do I have to pay restitution?
2. How is the amount of restitution determined?
3. What if I disagree with the amount of restitution I am ordered to pay?
4. Can I pay my victims directly?
5. What about other fines, costs, and / or fees?
6. Where can the balance of court ordered fines, court costs, and restitution be found?
7. How can I make payments?
8. When should I begin to make payments and when are payments due?
9. What is a Judgment?
10. What will happen if I do not make payments as directed?
11. What if I bounce a check for my fines, court costs restitution?
12. What will happen if I move, get a new phone number, or change my employment?
13. How can I get detailed copies of all my case balances or the payments made to date?
14. I am owed court-ordered restitution but have not been receiving payments; who can help?
15. My license is suspended. Now what?
16. If I am unable to comply with my payment plan due to medical reasons, what should I do?
17. If I am in jail, what happens to my payment plan?
18. I'm a juvenile. What do I do about paying restitution?