Who submits the bills to the insurance company?

The party who arranges for the health care services shall submit the bills to the primary and secondary health insurance carrier(s) for payment. The Plaintiff must submit to the Defendant, within thirty (30) days of discovery, that an insurance company did not pay the full amount of any medical bill, copies of the bill, the insurance carrier's statement, and the completed Medical Enforcement Form, for reimbursement payment. It is suggested that you make copies of the bills, insurance statements, and Medical Enforcement Form so you can maintain accurate records of these expenses.

Upon receipt of the copies, the Defendant/Plaintiff has an additional thirty (30) days to remit their respective percentage of the uninsured medical expenses directly to the party who arranged for the health care services or to the provider of the service (doctor, hospital, dentist, etc.) along with a notice of payment to the other party.

Note: When the party who carries the health insurance receives payment for services rendered, payment shall be promptly made to the health care provider, as required. If payment is not made within thirty (30) days, a written request for enforcement of the uninsured expenses must be submitted to the DRS, enclosing a copy of the same Medical Enforcement Form, bills, and insurance statements in the complaint. The total balance due on each bill must be circled. The DRS may seek a Petition for Contempt of Court if the Defendant willfully fails to comply with the provisions within a Support Order for uninsured medical expenses. Please refer to the medical support enforcement guide for further information.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I do not receive my child support?
2. How long will it take to enforce an order of support after I lodge my complaint?
3. Is it necessary to attach my income even though I pay my support in a timely fashion?
4. What happens if the defendant quits their job and/or moves out of Luzerne County?
5. I have a court order but the defendant will not pay his or her share of medical expenses as ordered. What do I do?
6. Who submits the bills to the insurance company?
7. It seems that I always have difficulty receiving the regular support payments. Are there any other alternatives to enforcement besides an income attachment?
8. Can my employer fire me because I have an income attachment?