2023 Senior Farmer's Market Nutrition Program
SENIOR FARMERS MARKET NUTRITION (VOUCHER) PROGRAM
The Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne & Wyoming Counties will be distributing the annual Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) vouchers provided by the United States and Pennsylvania Departments of Agriculture.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet all three requirements below:
- Be a resident of Luzerne or Wyoming Co.
- Be at least 60 years of age by December 31, 2023
- Meet income guidelines based on 2023 Total Household Income: (All income is included, i.e. Social Security, Pension, Unemployment Compensation, interest on Savings, Veterans payments, Public Assistance, Child support, Annuities, Net Rental income, Wages) - Self declaration.
- Program officials may verify eligibility information.
The 2023 household income eligibility is:
|1 Person/Household||$26,973 or less|
|2 People/Household||$36,482 or less|
|3 People/Household||$45,991 or less|
|4 People/Household||$55,500 or less|
|5 People/Household||$65,009 or less|
|6 People/Household||$74,518 or less|
|7 People/Household||$84,027 or less|
|8 People/Household||$93,536 or less|
The distribution will be done from June through September 2023, Applications received after the deadline date of Friday, September 29th will not be accepted. This year two participants can be included on one application as long as they live at the same address. EACH participant must complete their part of the application and BOTH signatures must be on the application, or it will not be processed.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- A person is not eligible if he/she resides in a nursing home, convent or residential facility where meals are prepared.
SFMNP applications are also available for pickup at any of our Active Adult(Senior) Centers listed here: Facilities and from your local legislature’s office.
The Completed SFMNP Applications can be either mailed to: Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties, 93 N. State Street, Wilkes Barre, PA 18707 or emailed to AAA-Farmers-Market@luzernecounty.org
Any questions, please call any of our Active Adult Centers or Area Agency on Aging @ 570-822-1159.