2021 Senior Farmer's Market Nutrition Program
SENIOR FARMERS MARKET NUTRITION (VOUCHER) PROGRAM
The Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne & Wyoming Counties will be holding the annual distribution of the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) vouchers provided by the United States and Pennsylvania Departments of Agriculture. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the Departments’ top priority to ensure seniors can receive the SFMNP vouchers without fear of being exposed and, for this reason, the voucher distribution this year will be done completely by mail.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet all three requirements below:
- Be a resident of Luzerne or Wyoming Co.
- Be at least 60 years of age by December 31, 2021
- Meet income guidelines based on 2021 Total Household Income: (All income is included, i.e. Social Security, Pension, Unemployment Compensation, etc.) - Self declaration. The federal stimulus checks do not count as income eligibility for the SFMNP checks. Program officials may verify eligibility information.
- 1 Person/Household - $23,828 or less
- 2 People/Household - $32,227, or less
- 3 People/Household - $40,626 or less
- 4 People/Household - $49,025 or less
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) Application listed above must be completely filled out, signed by the eligible participant and then mailed or email to our agency. The distribution by mail will be done from June through September 2021, applications received after the deadline date of Wednesday, September 15th will not be accepted. This year two participants can be included on one application as long as they live at the same address. EACH participant must complete their part of the application and BOTH signatures must be on the application, or it will not be processed. Proxy forms WILL NOT be required this year---you will be allowed to have someone pick up your fruits and vegetables in your place with the vouchers. It is important that your name and address are printed clearly and legibly in order to expedite the process of sending out the vouchers.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Each qualifying individual is allowed four (4) $6 vouchers for a total SFMNP benefit of ($24) one time per year.
- A person is not eligible if he/she resides in a nursing home, convent or residential facility where meals are prepared.
SFMNP applications are also available for pickup at any of our Active Adult(Senior) Centers listed here: https://www.luzernecounty.org/Facilities?clear=False and from your local legislature’s office.
The Completed SFMNP Applications can be either mailed to: Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne and Wyoming Counties, 93 N. State Street, Wilkes Barre, PA 18707 or emailed to Karen.Pietraccini@luzernecounty.org Walk-in drop off applications will not be accepted due to social distancing restrictions.
Once the application is reviewed and approved, the (SFMNP) vouchers and pertinent information will be mailed to the participant. Please allow a few weeks for your application to be processed and for your vouchers to arrive in the mail.