Luzerne County utilizes Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in various departments and agencies that rely on geographic data in its day-to-day functions. Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
GIS/Mapping Department Services:
- Hardcopy Maps and other GIS or Mapping requests
- The Department offers other products & services by either dropping by our office (in the County Courthouse) or working with us via Phone, Mail or Email.
- Our standard GIS Map is color 11” X 17” that shows your requested property with an Aerial Photograph background.
- The cost is $5 each. In some cases, we can combine multiple Tax Parcels into a single map (depends on the property extent). You can send us in a check with your request and we can mail it to you ($6 if we physically mail it) or Email you a PDF version ($5). If you come to the office, you can get the map immediately for $5. Until the Online Enhanced GIS Portal is completed, we can optionally open up a running “Tab” if you do a number of transactions within the County.
- Free Public GIS Terminals are available 9:00AM until 4:15PM Monday through Friday excluding any County Holidays
- Public GIS Terminals display all basic and enhanced data.
- Hardcopy maps are available for a fee based on our current fee schedule.
- Mail-In requests accepted. Please use the address below to mail in a request. Please include your Tax Parcel Number (if known), Address or both.
Make any checks payable to: County of Luzerne
200 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre PA 18711
Phone Number: (570) 825-1550
GIS / Mapping Department
200 N River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Phone: 570-825-1550Fax: 570-830-5132
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Except for Holidays
Courthouse Accessible ParkingAccessible parking is available behind the Courthouse, near the accessible entrance.
All other parking in this lot is by permit only.
Water Street ParkadePhysical Address
5 Water Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
5 Water Street Wilkes-Barre PA 18711
Free Public parking is available in the Water Street Parkade Located just off North Street (before crossing the Pierce Street Bridge).
There is a short pedestrian tunnel crossing North Street providing access to the Courthouse rear/handicap entrance. This entrance opens at 8:00am.