- Dog Licensing
- All dogs three months or older must be licensed.
- Seniors must be 65 years of age at the time of purchase in order to be eligible for the discount.
- You may apply for a license online, in person, via mail, or by visiting one of our agents.
The Licensing Department has instituted a means of locating owners of lost dogs. View more information about out Lost and Found program.
You can obtain a license online.
To obtain a license by mail, view and print the license application (PDF). Complete the application and mail it with the appropriate fee to:
Luzerne County Licensing Office
Attention: Dog License Sales
20 N Pennsylvania Avenue
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Regular Dog License Fees
- $8.50 for a non-neutered male or non-spayed female
- $6.50 for a neutered male or spayed female
Senior Citizen / Disabled Dog License Fees
- $6.50 for a non-neutered male or non-spayed female
- $4.50 for a neutered male or spayed female
Click here for Important Lifetime Dog License Information
Permanently identified dogs are eligible for Lifetime dog licenses. A tattoo or a microchip are accepted forms of permanent identification. To obtain a lifetime license by mail, view and print the license application (PDF) and Permanent Identification Verification forms. Please mail the completed forms and the appropriate fee to the address above.
Lifetime Dog License Fees
- $51.50 for a non-neutered male or non-spayed female
- $31.50 for a neutered male or spayed female
Senior Citizens Lifetime Dog License Fees
- $31.50 for a non neutered male or non-spayed female
- $21.50 for a neutered male or spayed female
This lifetime license can only be purchased from the Luzerne County Licensing Department, who will maintain a file of the permanent identification verification form you will be required to complete. If you move, you must notify the County Licensing Department of your change of address. If you move out of the county, the record must be transferred to your new county of residence, with that, there is a $1.00 fee. You will also receive a metal dog tag with your dog's lifetime license number that must be affixed to your dog's collar. If lost, the state currently charges a $1.50 fee to replace it.
Please call our office at 570-825-1764 with any questions.