Recorder of Deeds
*********** IMPORTANT NOTICE**********
Effective January 5, 2022 until further notice, the office is closed to the public. Personnel are in the office to answer questions on the phone and process documents. Notary commissions will be sworn in by appointment. Please call 570-825-1645. Searchers can request a block of time to search the records by appointment. Please call 570-825-1645. Records are also available through the links listed under Real Estate Documents below. Recordings will be accepted via mail, email or a drop box inside the front doors. If leaving your documents in the drop box be sure to include checks for recording and contact information. If you would like your documents returned by mail, please include a self-addressed envelope.
The Recorder of Deeds' Office records all real estate related documents along with notary public commissions and various elected official commissions. Recording of these documents preserves the integrity, accuracy and continuity of the records. Fees for recording documents are found on the fee schedule.
Documents can be eRecorded by contacting one of the following eRecording vendors:
- CSC - call 866-652-0111 or email CSC
- ePN - call 888-325-3365 or email ePN
- Simplifile - call 800-460-5657 or email Simplifile
Real Estate Documents
The public can access all recorded real estate documents and obtain copies for general use or certified copies (in office only) to meet specific needs at the public terminals in the office or through the following websites:
- Landex Remote: Here the customer sets up an account and then uses the money to draw down for complete access to the records and copies. (1968 to Present)
- Landex Webstore: Here the customer has free access to the indices but is charged a fee to download a document for viewing and/or printing. ( Images 1968 to Present, Index 1993 to Present)
- IQS E-Film Reader: Free to search older deeds. (1786 to 1967) Grantor/Grantee Index 1 through 5 can also be searched for free. (1786 to August 1, 1993) The Index is found under the Infodex heading at the top of the page. Fee for copies.
- Common Level Ratio 2018
- Common Level Ratio Effective 7-1-19
- Common Level Ratio Effective 7-1-20
- Common Level Ratio Effective 7-1-2021
- Notary Public Application (PDF)
- Notary Public change of Address Form
- Notary Public Change of Name
- PA Realty Transfer Tax Refund
- Realty Transfer Tax Statement of Value REV-183
- Refund Municipal Realty Tax (PDF)
- Refund School District Realty Tax (PDF)