- Licensing Division
***THE LOCATION FOR YOUR LICENSE TO CARRY APPOINTMENT IS AT***
THE LUZENRE COUNTY RECORDS RETENTION BUILDING
85 YOUNG STREET, HANOVER, PA 18706
(NOT AT THE COURTHOUSE)
Luzerne County Residents can now renew or apply for a new License to Carry Concealed online.
You can conveniently apply online by following this link (or typing it in your browser) https://luzernepa.permitium.com/ccw/start
- Applicants will be able to pay with credit/debit cards. (Applicants must be 21 years of age.)
- MUST upload a photo of their current government issued identification (driver’s license or identification card)
- If you are an out of state applicant, you MUST upload a photo (front and back) of the carry permit issued by their home state.
- You will receive email updates on the status of your application as it moves through the process and be able to schedule your appointment online.
- Non-US Citizens MUST mail in their applications, copy of driver’s license or state issued identification, Copy of the front and back of your permanent resident card, money order, AND 3 months of utility bills, establishing residency.
If you have already renewed your Concealed Carry Permit, please ignore this letter. These letters are automatically generated by the Pennsylvania State Police system and are created regardless of renewal status. Our Department is required by law to send them out as they are generated. If you have renewed already, you can disregard the letter. Instead of throwing the application away, you can give the application to a friend or family member that does not have a Concealed Carry Permit.
THERE ARE NO WALK-IN APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED. Applications must be submitted online, mailed in via USPS, or dropped off at the Courthouse.
**If you are unable to apply online you can chose to do the following:
Your Application for License to Carry Concealed must be mailed or dropped off at the Sheriff’s Department in the Courthouse. Mailed applications should be addressed to: Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department, Licensing Division, 200 North River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711.
Along with your signed and dated application you will need to enclose the following:
- A copy of your current government issued identification (driver’s license or identification card). This must bear the same name and address as noted on your application.
- Money order / bank check for $20 made payable to the Sheriff of Luzerne County. (No personal checks or cash accepted.)
- A good phone number to contact you during business hours. Must be legible.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age.
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED ITEMS MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING RETURNED TO YOU.
Applications can be obtained HERE.
After your application is processed you will receive a phone call from the Sheriff’s Department to schedule an appointment to complete the process. Appointments are Monday through Friday at the Luzerne County Records Retention Facility located at 85 Young St. Hanover Twp., PA 18706. You will be provided more information when you are called for your appointment. You are not able to walk-in to this location and obtain your permit.
Applicants will be contacted within 45 calendar days with a date and time to appear in person to have their photograph and electronic signature recorded and have their permit issued to them.
More information and links to applications can be found by clicking this link: LCSD Licensing Division Page
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US: LCSDPermits@luzernecounty.org
Applications can be found by following the links below:
|License to Carry Firearms
|License to Sell Firearms
|Precious Metals License