Intercounty Transfer

Offenders who are eligible to have their supervision transferred out of Luzerne County, to another county within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, must make a formal request to Adult Probation & Parole. Offenders are required to make a written application and Transfer Officers forward the requests to the appropriate probation/parole office. Approvals for transfers of supervision are at the discretion of both probation/parole departments involved in the request.

Luzerne County Adult Probation and Parole receives transfer-in requests from other counties' probation/parole departments in Pennsylvania. 

All transfer-in requests are reviewed and acceptance of supervision is at the discretion of Adult Probation and Parole.

2021 Intercounty Transfer Guidelines