JANUARY 23, 2023
In conjunction with the Luzerne County GIS / Mapping Department, the Luzerne County Sheriff is happy to announce the release of the new Sheriff Sale Parcel Viewer. This application can be used to pinpoint the exact property locations and provide the user with an idea of the property lines of any particular property listed for sale, along with other important information. We have included a brief tutorial to assist with navigating the application.
The County of Luzerne does not assume any liability from the use of any of this information. All information is provided for assessment and reference purposes only, not for surveying or engineering purposes. Satellite imagery may be offset from drawn parcel geometry. Always be sure to verify the property you plan to bid on, for more information on the specifics of a property contact the Assessment Office (570-825-1540), or GIS/Mapping Dept. (570-825-1550)
Click below to start the Tutorial Video.
- Applicants will be able to pay with credit/debit cards. (Applicants must be 21 years of age.)
- MUST upload a photo of their current government issued identification (driver’s license or identification card)
- If you are an out of state applicant, you MUST upload a photo (front and back) of the carry permit issued by their home state.
- You will receive email updates on the status of your application as it moves through the process and be able to schedule your appointment online.
- Non-US Citizens MUST mail in their applications, copy of driver’s license or state issued identification, Copy of the front and back of your permanent resident card, money order, AND 3 months of utility bills, establishing residency.
- of your current government issued identification (driver’s license or identification card). This must bear the same name and address as noted on your application.
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED ITEMS MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING RETURNED TO YOU.
The Sheriff's Office offers fingerprinting services by appointment for a fee.
View and download Sheriff's Department forms and documents such as Service Request Forms and Firearm License Applications.
The Licensing Division handles licensing for firearms and precious metals in Luzerne County.
The PFA Division of the Luzerne County Sheriff's Department is responsible for the timely service of Protection from Abuse Orders.
Properties sold for mortgage and judgment defaults are processed through the Sheriff's Office. Find out how to purchase this property.
The Warrants Division of the Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department was established to effect arrests of individuals who have had a bench warrant issued for their arrest by the court system of Luzerne County. Individuals have been arrested and jailed by this agency for crimes ranging from retail theft, drug possession, aggravated assault, DUI and rape.