Family Court Motions
- Walk-in pro se filings for custody matters are accepted every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Bernard C. Brominski Building, 113 W. North Street, 3rd Floor, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711.
- Family Court motions (i.e. start custody actions, Petitions for Modification of Custody, Petitions for Special Relief and/or Contempt) must be either e-filed or filed in-person with the Office of Judicial Records before sending the filed motion and proposed order to firstname.lastname@example.org to be reviewed by the family court judge.
- Petitions for Name Change of a Minor must be presented to Luzerne County Court Administration - Civil Division at the Luzerne County Courthouse, 200 N. River Street, 2nd Floor, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 18711 for scheduling.
- Pro se litigants should arrive with the appropriate completed paperwork to present for scheduling.
- Court employees are prohibited from providing legal advice, as well as guidance with regard to the drafting and execution of legal documents.
- A Request for Transcript or Copy for all cases involving the Pennsylvania Juvenile Act (i.e. juvenile delinquency and dependency cases - Children and Youth Services matters), Protection from Abuse (PFA) matters, custody matters, and on-the-record Domestic Relations proceedings must be accompanied by the Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order. The Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order must be directed to and signed by the Judge presiding over the matter. If you are requesting a transcript from a proceeding before a Hearing Officer, the request must be accompanied by a filed Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order directed to the Hearing Officer's supervising Judge. If you are requesting multiple transcripts, you must present individual motions and requests for each individual transcript.