Suggested Guidelines for Persons Subject to Luzerne County Custody Orders During COVID-19
For persons seeking guidance regarding existing Custody Orders during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following are recommendations only and are not enforceable via a Contempt Petition. These recommendations are consistent with the Governor’s Emergency Mandate: Click Here
- Custody matters are scheduled before several Judges and Masters located in different locations throughout County buildings. Please bring your scheduling order and accompanying paperwork to your hearing so that staff can direct you to the appropriate location.
- Copies of existing Custody Orders can be obtained by visiting the Prothonotary’s Office on the second floor of the Main Courthouse.
- Court staff is prohibited from providing legal advice in all situations. Staff cannot assist in the creation or preparation of any documents. Staff cannot provide guidance or explanation with regard to Court Orders.
- Requests to participate in Custody Conciliation Conferences via telephone must be made in writing and sent to:
Bernard C. Brominski Building
113 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
- A continuance of any hearing must be granted by a Judge and cannot be accommodated by making a request via mail or telephone.
- Children should not attend hearings unless litigants are specifically instructed to bring them. If a child is required to attend, an adult who is not participating in the hearing should be brought to monitor the child during the proceeding.
- Children should never be brought to Custody Conciliation Conferences.