Under supervision of Court Administration, Court Reporters are charged with providing stenographic services to the Luzerne County Courts by means of reporting verbatim testimony in all court proceedings with the use of a stenographic machine. Thereafter, if and when requested, and under specific guidelines spelled out in Pa. Rule 4000, we provide written or electronic transcripts of proceedings. Our mission is to provide these services professionally, accurately and efficiently to judges, counsel and/or parties for either review or to facilitate the appellate process.
To request a transcript of proceedings:
- Complete the Request For Transcript Form (PDF). For Master's Hearings, complete the Request for Transcript from Master's Hearing Form;
- The Request for Transcript must be filed or e-filed with the Office of Judicial Records (Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Register of Wills);
- Transcript Requests for Children & Youth or Family Court Matters must be accompanied by a court order for transcription, signed by the presiding Judge over the matter, naming the specific hearing date, and hearing officer or judge. Any Children & Youth or Family Court transcript request submitted without a court order will not be processed;
- The requesting party shall serve time-stamped copies of the request upon: the presiding Judge, the District Court Administrator or designee, the Court Reporter assigned to processing the work, and all other counsel or self-represented parties in the proceeding;
- The requesting party must also submit a time-stamped copy of the request to one of the following:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via U.S. mail to Marlene Marriggi, Deputy Court Administrator, at:
Luzerne County Courthouse
200 N River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
- Via fax send the completed form to 570-825-6242
Please be sure to provide a phone number on the form where you can be contacted to be notified of the costs and when the requested transcript is complete.