Under supervision of Court Administration, Court Reporters are charged with providing stenographic services to the Luzerne County Courts by means of reporting verbatim testimony in all court proceedings with the use of a stenographic machine. Thereafter, if and when requested, and under specific guidelines spelled out in Pa. Rule 4000, we provide written or electronic transcripts of proceedings. Our mission is to provide these services professionally, accurately and efficiently to judges, counsel and/or parties for either review or to facilitate the appellate process.
To request a transcript of proceedings:
- Complete the Request For Transcript or Copy Form. For Master's Hearings, complete the Request for Transcript from Master's Hearing Form;
- The Request for Transcript or Copy must be filed or e-filed with the Office of Judicial Records (Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Register of Wills);
- A Request for Transcript or Copy for Family Court matters including, but not limited to, all cases involving the Pennsylvania Juvenile Act (i.e. juvenile delinquency and dependency cases - Children and Youth matters), Protection from Abuse (PFA) matters, custody matters, and on-the-record Domestic Relations proceedings must be accompanied by the Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order. The Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order must be directed to and signed by the Judge presiding over the matter. If you are requesting a transcript from a proceeding before a Hearing Officer the request must be accompanied by a filed Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order directed to the Hearing Officer's supervising Judge. Both the Request for Transcript or Copy and the Motion/Order documents must be filed with the Office of Judicial Records before any transcript will be processed. If you are requesting multiple transcripts, you must present individual motions and requests for each individual transcript.
- The requesting party shall serve time-stamped copies of the request upon: the presiding Judge, the District Court Administrator or designee, the Court Reporter assigned to processing the work, and all other counsel or self-represented parties in the proceeding;
- The requesting party must also submit a time-stamped copy of the request to one of the following:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Via U.S. mail to Marlene Marriggi, Deputy Court Administrator, at:
Luzerne County Courthouse
200 N River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
- Via fax send the completed form to 570-825-6242
Please be sure to provide a phone number on the form where you can be contacted to be notified of the costs and when the requested transcript is complete.