Under supervision of Court Administration, Court Reporters are charged with providing stenographic services to the Luzerne County Courts by means of reporting verbatim testimony in all court proceedings with the use of a stenographic machine. Thereafter, if and when requested, and under specific guidelines spelled out in Pa. Rule 4000, we provide written or electronic transcripts of proceedings. Our mission is to provide these services professionally, accurately and efficiently to judges, counsel and/or parties for either review or to facilitate the appellate process.
To request a transcript of proceedings:
- Complete the Request For Transcript or Copy Form. For Master's Hearings, complete the Request for Transcript from Master's Hearing Form.
- The Request for Transcript or Copy must be filed or e-filed with the Office of Judicial Records (Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Register of Wills).
- To request a transcript when a Notice of Appeal has been filed for cases involving The Pennsylvania Juvenile Act (i.e. delinquency or dependency cases - Children and Youth Services matters), Protection from Abuse (PFA) matters, custody matters, divorce matters, and on-the-record Domestic Relations matters, you must fill out the standard Request for Transcript or Copy form. The Request for Transcript or Copy form must be filed with the Luzerne County Office of Judicial Records and served on Court Administration for processing.
- To request a transcript when a Notice of Appeal has not been filed for matters listed above a Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order must be accompanied by the Request for Transcript or Copy form. The Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order must be directed to and signed by the Judge who presided over the matter. If you are requesting a transcript from a proceeding heard by a Hearing Officer, the Motion for Transcript and Proposed Order must be directed to the Hearing Officer's supervising Judge. The Motion for Transcript, signed Order, and Request for Transcript or Copy must be filed with the Luzerne County Office Judicial Records and served on Court Administration for processing.
- If you are requesting multiple transcripts, you must present individual Request for Transcript or Copy forms and/or Motions and Orders.
- The requesting party shall serve time-stamped copies of the request upon: the presiding Judge, the District Court Administrator or designee, the Court Reporter assigned to processing the work, and all other counsel or self-represented parties in the proceeding.
- The requesting party must also submit a time-stamped copy of the request to one of the following:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Via U.S. mail to Marlene Marriggi, Deputy Court Administrator, at:
Luzerne County Courthouse
200 N River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
- Via fax send the completed form to 570-825-6242
Please be sure to provide a phone number on the form where you can be contacted to be notified of the costs and when the requested transcript is complete.