On Election Day
What if you need to show ID in order to vote? Do you need to locate your polling place or need to familiarize yourself with the voting systems? This is the page for you!
WHAT YOU’LL SEE NEW AT YOUR POLLING PLACE
Luzerne County is excited to again the use of electronic poll books for the November 5th, Municipal Election!
Voters will sign on a tablet screen and their signature will be digitally stored within the tablet and on a memory card within the tablet. This process will allow the Election Bureau to update voter signatures on their voter registration records, as well as allow poll workers to search voters countywide on Election Day. So many times a voter may appear in the wrong voting district to vote. In previous Elections, the poll workers would have to call the Election Bureau to verify the voter’s registration status and location, delaying the voter from casting a ballot, as well as the check in process for other voters in line. The electronic poll book allows the poll worker to search the voter records instantaneously and provide the voter a printout of the name and address of the polling place of the district that they are registered to vote in. Providing this information at the fingertips of the poll worker, not only saves time, but allows our poll workers to provide excellent customer service.
Approved Forms of ID
Are you voting in this precinct for the first time? If you answered yes, then you will be required to provide one of the following approved forms of identification.
Approved Forms of Photo Identification
Remember,the ID must be valid and not expired.
- Employee ID
- ID issued by any other Commonwealth agency
- ID issued by the U.S. Government
- PA driver’s license or ID card issued by PennDOT
- Student ID
- U.S. Armed Forces ID
- U.S. Passport
Approved Forms of Non-Photo Identification
The ID must include the name and address of the elector.
- Current bank statement
- Current paycheck
- Current utility bill
- Firearm permit
- Government check
- Non-photo ID issued by the Commonwealth
- Non-photo ID issued by the U.S. Government
- Voter’s identification card issued by the voter registration commission
Are you vote ready?
- Check on your voter registration status
- Find where you got to vote with the DOS polling place locator
- Download a full Polling Place Listing
- View the candidate list *available two weeks prior to election day