An excerpt from “The Luzerne County Court House,” The American Architect, September 15, 1909:
The entire rotunda, including the arches of the penetrations under the dome, is finished with marble. The four piers supporting the dome and the rusticated walls of the first story are of Botticino stone, a buff-colored marble resembling Caen stone in color. The cornices, columns, balustrades and corridor wainscoting are of white Italian marble, and the wainscoting base of Alps green. Statuary finish bronze has been used effectively in the marble cornice of the second floor gallery and main stairway. The elevator enclosures, electroliers and office screens are also of cast bronze. The floors throughout, with the exception of some of the smaller offices, are of Tennessee marble, those of the corridors, gallery and rotunda being laid in patterns.