PA MEDI Medicare Counseling & Link Programs
Helping You With Your Medicare Questions
Effective July 1, 2021 Apprise is now Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight, PA MEDI - Same Program, Same Services for Pennsylvania's Medicare Beneficiaries, now with a new name.
Pennsylvania Medicare Education and Decision Insight (PA MEDI) offers free Medicare counseling to older Pennsylvanians. PA MEDI Counselors are specially trained to answer your questions and provide you with objective, easy-to-understand information about Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medicaid, and Long-Term Care Insurance.
PA MEDI Counselors do not sell Medicare products but rather offer current, unbiased Medicare education to help you make the most informed choice about Medicare options available to you.
PA MEDI Counselors can help you:
- Understand Medicare eligibility and enrollment
- Understand your Medicare benefits by explaining what services are covered under Medicare Parts A nd B and your Medicare Summary Notice
- Understand your Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) benefit
- Make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, Medigap policies and Medicare Advantage Plans
- Understand financial assistance programs that may be available to help pay for your Medicare premiums, deductible and co-pays, as well as your prescription drug needs (Extra Help and Medicare Savings Plan)
- Understand and assist with Medicare appeal process
- Understand benefits under Long-Term Care policies
- By making presentations on Medicare to your group or organization
PA MEDI volunteers receive free training. Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to learn how to unravel the mysteries of Medicare. To find out more call 800-783-7067 and ask for the PA MEDI program in your area.
Link Program - Linking You to Aging & Disability Resources
Improve access to long-term care through an integrated network of partners committed to expanding the use of community-based solutions, promote decision making suggested by the consumer, and improve the efficiency and quality of services.
The Link in Pennsylvania to Resources in Aging & Disability
Pennsylvania has established 52 links covering all 67 counties to improve access to the supports and resources for long-term care through a network of local partners committed to expanding the use of community-based solutions, to promote decision making suggested by the consumer, and improving the quality of services regardless of age, physical or developmental disability or ability to pay.
Through collaborations with the LINKS of Pennsylvania, the associated agencies are assisting people in a more effective and efficient way to navigate a complex system of federal, state and local, offering more local support options for housing in communities decreasing the fragmentation, duplication and inconsistencies, responding to a wide spectrum of needs of the elderly and adults with disabilities while promoting better health through lowered cost of Link cross training and exchange of information.
How Link Can Assist You & Your Family
- Assist consumers with forms that determine the eligibility of funding.
- Easily connect consumers to local support services or through any agency.
- Explore the options available to ensure a safe plan for independence.
- Help consumers stay in or return to their communities because of a disability, illness or an accident or to help with the transition from an institution to the community.
To learn more about the Luzerne / Wyoming Link, call the Pennsylvania Link to Aging and Disability Resource Center toll-free at 866-286-3636.
Luzerne / Wyoming Core Partners
Allied In-Home Services
100 Abington Executive Park
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
Phone: 800-242-1883 or 570-348-2210
Anthracite Region Center for Independent Living
8 W Broad Street
Markle Building, Suite 228
Hazleton, PA 18201
Area Agency on Aging for Luzerne-Wyoming Counties
111 N Pennsylvania Boulevard
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Phone: 1-800-252-1512 or 570-822-1158
Northeast PA Center for Independent Living
1142 Sanderson Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509-2623
Phone: 1-800-344-7211 or 570-344-7211