Reporting Deaths in Luzerne County

Calling a Coroner for the Expected Death of a Terminally Ill Person

If you need a coroner to come to your home or place of death of a terminally ill individual who has expired of natural and expected causes, call the Luzerne County Communications Center at 911. A deputy coroner will be dispatched to the location of the death. You can also call your local police department and they will dispatch a police officer that will respond to the site and call the coroner's office. In all cases of unexpected or unexplained death of any individual, call 911 immediately.

Procedures for Unexpected Deaths

Call 911 immediately and request emergency medical services and police assistance.

Mass Casualty Incidents

Call 911 immediately.