To apply for a Public Defender attorney for adult case representation, please provide the following:
- Driver’s License or Photo ID
- Criminal Complaint and Affidavit
- Pay stubs for last three pay periods
- Current social security / welfare statements
- Prior year’s W-2 or Tax Returns
- Property tax for any and all property owned
- Balance of mortgage on property
- Car payment bill
- If married, Federal Income tax for spouse
- A letter from who is supporting you, if you do not have an income
- Any other information asked for by the Public Defenders office
If financial documentation cannot be provided, you must provide a reason for your inability to provide this information.
Complete the fillable online application, if a question does not apply to you enter N/A. Once you have completed the application you must download it and attach it to the email in order to send it to the office. The email address is "Publicdefender@luzernecounty.org". Once we receive your application an investigator from the office will contact you.
It takes approximately 48 hours to be approved for a Public Defender.