County Tax Collection
2021 Tax Collection Information
Newport Township, Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Nanticoke & Pittston Cities
The Luzerne County Treasurer’s Office will collect the County taxes for Hazleton, Nanticoke, Wilkes-Barre and Pittston cities for 2021. The office will also be collecting the County/Municipal taxes for Newport Township.
Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Questions regarding the collection of taxes can be directed to our office at 570-830-5129.
The 2021 issue date for County/Municipal tax notices is February 16, 2021.
- Rebate Period (two months): February 16th to April 15th
- Face Period (two months): April 16th to June 15th
- Penalty Period: June 16th to December 31st
If the Treasurer's Office collects your taxes you can pay them online using the above link. There is a convenience fee. For electronic checks, it is a flat fee of $1.50. For debit and credit cards the fee is 2.5% of the amount paid.
Pay by Mail
- Property owners are responsible for forwarding all tax bills to their mortgage company if their taxes are escrowed.
- Checks should be made payable to County of Luzerne. All incorrect checks will be sent back. No refunds will be issued.
- Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope and BOTH parts of the bill if you would like a receipt. No receipt will be sent without a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- All Pennsylvania tax collectors must accept USPS postmark. If it is close to the end of Rebate, Face or Penalty take your payment to the post office and have them hand-cancel the stamp.
Request Tax Certifications
Visit our Tax Certification Requests page.