County Tax Collection
2018 Tax Collection Information
Newport Township, Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Nanticoke & Pittston Cities
The Luzerne County Treasurer’s Office will collect the County taxes for Hazleton, Nanticoke, Wilkes-Barre and Pittston cities for 2018. The office will also be collecting the County/Municipal taxes for Newport Township.
Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Questions regarding the collection of taxes can be directed to our office at 570-830-5129.
The 2018 issue date for the majority of County/Municipal tax notices is February 12, 2018.
- Rebate Period (two months): February 12th to April 11th
- Face Period (two months): April 12th to June 11th
- Penalty Period: June 12th to December 31st
The County/Municipal tax bills for Hazle Township were issued on April 2, 2018.
- Rebate Period (two months): April 1st to June 1st
- Face Period (two months): June 2nd to August 1st
- Penalty Period: August 2nd to December 31st
Pay Property Taxes
Pay by Mail
- All Pennsylvania tax collectors must accept USPS postmark. If it is close to the end of Rebate, Face or Penalty take your payment to the post office and have them hand-cancel the stamp.
- Property owners are responsible for forwarding all tax bills to their mortgage company if their taxes are escrowed.
- Checks should be made payable to County of Luzerne. All incorrect checks will be sent back. No refunds will be issued.
- Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope and BOTH parts of the bill if you would like a receipt. No receipt will be sent without a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Request Tax Certifications
Visit our Tax Certification Requests page.