County Tax Collection
2019 Tax Collection Information
Courtdale Borough, Newport Township, Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Nanticoke & Pittston Cities
The Luzerne County Treasurer’s Office will collect the County taxes for Hazleton, Nanticoke, Wilkes-Barre and Pittston cities for 2019. The office will also be collecting the County/Municipal taxes for Courtdale Borough and Newport Township.
Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Questions regarding the collection of taxes can be directed to our office at 570-830-5129.
The 2019 issue date for the majority of County/Municipal tax notices is February 4, 2019.
- Rebate Period (two months): February 4th to April 3rd
- Face Period (two months): April 4th to June 3rd
- Penalty Period: June 4th to December 31st
The 2019 County/Municipal tax notice issue date for the the townships of Buck, Conyngham, Dennison, Ross and Jeddo Borough is February 13, 2019.
- Rebate Period (two months): February 13th to April 12th
- Face Period (two months): April 13th to June 12th
- Penalty Period: June 13th to December 31st
PLEASE NOTE: The Treasurer's Office has been appointed as the tax collector for Courtdale Borough for 2019 only. The issue date for their tax bills is March 30, 2019.
- Rebate Period (two months): March 30th to May 29th
- Face Period (two months): May 30th to July 29th
- Penalty Period: July 30th to December 31st
Pay Property Taxes
Pay by Mail
- All Pennsylvania tax collectors must accept USPS postmark. If it is close to the end of Rebate, Face or Penalty take your payment to the post office and have them hand-cancel the stamp.
- Property owners are responsible for forwarding all tax bills to their mortgage company if their taxes are escrowed.
- Checks should be made payable to County of Luzerne. All incorrect checks will be sent back. No refunds will be issued.
- Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope and BOTH parts of the bill if you would like a receipt. No receipt will be sent without a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Request Tax Certifications
Visit our Tax Certification Requests page.