Out of State License to Carry Firearms Application Instructions
Update: June 21, 2021
The Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department is accepting Out of State License to Carry Applications.
Out of State Applicants can conveniently apply online by following this link: https://luzernepa.permitium.com/ccw/start (This option is currently only available to Out of State Applicants.) The application process for Luzerne County Residents remains unchanged. (Click link to go to the Resident Application Instruction Page: https://www.luzernecounty.org/1371/Luzerne-County-Resident-Application-Inst)
- Applicants will be able to pay with credit/debit cards.
- Must upload a photo of their current government issued identification (front and back)
- Must upload a photo of the carry permit issued by their home state. (front and back)
(THERE ARE NO WALK-IN APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED.)
**If you are unable to apply online you can chose to do the following:
Out of State Applications for Licenses to Carry Concealed must be mailed to the Sheriff’s Department. Mailed applications should be addressed to: Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department, Licensing Division, 200 North River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711.
Along with your signed and dated application you will need to enclose the following:
- A copy of your current government issued identification (front and back). This must bear the same name and address as noted on your application.
- A copy of your carry permit issued by your home state/county (front and back). *If this is not included, your application will not be approved.
- Money order / bank check for $20 made payable to the Sheriff of Luzerne County. (No personal checks or cash)
- A good phone number to contact you during business hours. Must be legible.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED ITEMS MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING RETURNED TO YOU.
Applications can be obtained HERE.
After your application is processed you will receive a phone call from the Sheriff’s Department to schedule an appointment to complete the process. Appointments are Monday through Friday at the Luzerne County Records Retention Facility located at 85 Young St. Hanover Twp., PA 18706. You will be provided more information when you are called for your appointment.
Applicants will be contacted within 45 calendar days with a date and time to appear in person to have their photograph and electronic signature recorded and have their permit issued to them. (Some out of state applications may take longer to process.)
More information and links to applications can be found by clicking this link: LCSD Licensing Division Page
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US: LCSDPermits@luzernecounty.org