Luzerne County Resident Application Instructions
Applications for Licenses to Carry Concealed can be mailed to the Sheriff’s Department or dropped off at the Courthouse with Sheriff’s Department Staff. Mailed applications should be addressed to: Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department, Licensing Division, 200 North River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711. If you are dropping the application off, you should label the outside of the envelope “Luzerne County Sheriff’s Department, Licensing Division” and your name.
Applications can be obtained HERE.
(THERE ARE NO WALK-IN APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED.)
After your application is processed you will receive a phone call from the Sheriff’s Department to schedule an appointment to complete the process. Appointments are from 8:20am through 3:10pm, Monday through Friday at the Luzerne County Records Retention Facility located at 85 Young St. Hanover Twp., PA 18706. You will be provided more information when you are called for your appointment.
letter for renewal and have already renewed your Concealed Carry Permit, these letters are automatically generated by the Pennsylvania State Police system and are created regardless of renewal status. Our Department is required by law to send them out as they are generated. If you have renewed already, you can disregard the letter. Instead of throwing the application away, you can give the application to a friend or family member that does not have a Concealed Carry Permit.
The following items shall be placed in an envelope, sealed, and deposited into the application drop off box:
- Fully completed License to Carry Firearms application (applications available at: https://www.luzernecounty.org/553/Licensing-Division)
- A contact phone number at which we may leave a message regarding your license.
- Copy of your current and valid driver’s license or photo identification card issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, which bears the same address as, noted on your application.
- A money order or certified bank check (NO personal checks) in the amount of $20.00, made payable to the Sheriff of Luzerne County.
- Applicants will be contacted within 45 calendar days with a date and time to appear in person to have their photograph and electronic signature recorded and have their permit issued to them.
- *If you are a Non-United States Citizen, you are also required to provide a copy of the following in addition to the items listed above.
- Resident Alien Card
- 3 Consecutive months (most current) of the same utility bill (water, natural gas, electric) with address matching official identification.
- Out of State Permits are not being issued at this time.
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED ITEMS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING RETURNED TO YOU.
More information and links to applications can be found by clicking this link: LCSD Licensing Division Page
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL US: LCSDPermits@luzernecounty.org