Poll Worker Requirements
- Registered Voter of Luzerne County - check your registration status
- 18 Years of Age or Older
As a poll worker, you will be required to attend a mandatory poll worker training prior to serving as a poll worker.
Training sessions are held periodically throughout the calendar year.
Poll Worker Duties
As a poll worker on Election Day, you will be expected to perform various duties, including;
- Prepare the polling location for voting
- Set up the voting systems
- Verify voter qualifications during the check-in process
- Activate ballots on the voting systems for voters
- Close the polling location at 8:00 PM
Depending on the position you hold at the polling place, your compensation for the day will range between $100 to $150 (tax free)
Poll open promptly at 7:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM. You will be required to arrive at the polling place at 6:00 AM to ensure proper set-up and opening of the voting systems. After closing the poll at 8:00 PM, you will be required to stay with the other members of the Board, until tabulation is complete. The time in which you leave the polling place after the close of polls depends on the time it takes to successfully tabulate.