Campaign Finance Forms and Dates

2024 Campaign Finance Schedule

Online Campaign Finance CANDIDATE Form

Online Campaign Finance COMMITTEE Form

Unsworn Declaration in Lieu of Sworn Statement for Campaign Finance Reports

Per Act 2020-15, which was signed into law on April 20, 2020 and allows for unsworn declarations, Campaign Finance Reports (form DSEB-502), Campaign Finance Statements in lieu of full reports (form DSEB-503), Non-Bid Contract Reporting Form (DSEB-504) and Independent Expenditure Reports (form DSEB-505) need not be notarized. Instead, the filer may file with each report or statement the corresponding version of this form signed by the required individual(s). This particular form is to be used only for Campaign Finance Reports. This form must be signed by hand where a signature is required.

Political Committee Registration Statement

Form DSEB-500 - Use this form to register a new political committee.  You may also use it to amend the original registration when the committee appoints a new chairperson or treasurer or changes any other required information. (Further instructions available with form)

Collection of Funds Authorization

Form DSEB-501 - Authorization for a Political Committee to Collect Funds on Behalf of a Candidate - The Pennsylvania Election Code provides that no treasurer of a political committee shall receive any money on behalf of a candidate until such political committee has been authorized in writing by the candidate on a form designed by the Secretary of the Commonwealth. (Further instructions available with form)

Campaign Finance Report

Form DSEB-502 - This form is intended for the use of candidates, political committees and contributing lobbyists that are required to disclose contributions and expenditures. (further instructions available with form)

Campaign Finance Statement

Form DSEB-503 - You may file this statement in lieu of a full report when the amount of contributions (including in-kind contributions) received, the amount of money expended, and the liabilities incurred each did not exceed $250.00 during the reporting period. (further instructions available with form)

Independent Expenditure Report

Form DSEB-505 - If you make an Independent Expenditure (an expenditure not in cooperation or consultation with any candidate or candidate’s political committee) to influence the outcome of the election of a candidate or ballot question, you must file this report if the expenditure exceeds $100 in a calendar year. (further instructions available with form)

Non-Bid Contract Reporting Form - Section 1641

Form DSEB-504 - This form is to be used by any corporation, association, partnership, sole proprietorship or other business entity which has been awarded any non-bid contract from the Commonwealth or any of its political subdivisions to report certain individual political contributions. (further instructions available with form)

24 Hour Reporting Form

Section 1628 of the Campaign Finance Reporting Law requires any candidate or political committee, authorized by a candidate and created solely for the purpose of influencing an election on behalf of that candidate, which receives any contribution or pledge of five hundred dollars ($500) or more after the final pre-primary/pre-election report has been deemed completed shall report such contribution to the appropriate supervisor.  The candidate, chairperson or treasurer of the political committee shall send the report of late contributions within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of the contribution.  These contributions must be reported through and including the day of the primary/election.  

The bureau will accept the filing of late contribution reports by facsimile at 570-820-6399, or via e-mail at: The filing of reports via facsimile or e-mail applies only to late contribution reports.  It does not apply to the filing of campaign finance reports. The filing of late contribution reports does not remove the obligation to also report those contributions on the appropriate post-primary/post-election expense report filing.  Please contact our office for specific reporting dates for late contribution reports.