How to Report a Pothole

How to Report a Pothole

Citizens are asked to be specific as possible when reporting pothole locations or other maintenance concerns on state routes such as deer removal or signing issues. Citizens are asked to report the county, municipality, street name and route number, or state route (SR) number that can be found on small black and white signs posted along state roadways. Citizens should also provide a description of any familiar landmarks that will help us locate the problem area. 

State Owned Roadways

State owned roads and bridges can be identified by PennDOT

Penn DOT may be reached at 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623)

Municipal Roadways

You must contact your local city, borough, or township department of public works (or borough office) to report issues with locally maintained roadways.

County Owned Roadways

County owned roads and bridges can be identified by the County Road List or County Road Map to determine if the pothole is on a County-maintained road or bridge.  Please call: 570-825-1604

Please send an email to the  Include as much information as possible. Include the road name, distance from intersection or nearest house number and any other information that will help our crews find the location. Please do not assume someone else has reported it.