LUZERNE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
EFFECTIVE: FEBRUARY 13, 2012 SERVICE OF CIVIL PROCESS WILL BE INCREASING. PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS BELOW:
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday – Friday
REQUIREMENTS FOR SERVICE OF CIVIL PROCESS:
FEES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Please call ahead for exact fees.
Fees are based on the following:
- If the Paperwork is filed in LuzerneCounty, another County in Pennsylvania, or in another State.
- The Type of Document(s) to be served. (writs, complaints, Court orders, etc.)
- Number of defendants – this includes multiple locations for a single defendant. Each defendant (and address) requires a separate Luzerne County Sheriff’s Service Request Form.
- Location of the document service: each separate address requires a separate Luzerne County Sheriff’s Service Form.
- We do not accept personal checks or cash.
- A minimum of 15 days are required to attempt service.
- A Self-Addressed, stamped envelope must be included, per service request, for returns of service to be sent back. Returns are also filed in the Luzerne County Prothonotary’s office.
SERVICE FORMS: PDF Form
WRIT OF EXECUTIONS:
CONTACT NUMBER: 570-825-1762
Personal Property Levy
Levy and Attachment
Writ of Execution Requirements
Writ of Execution Form Packet
All instructions should be included on the writ of execution. Service forms are required for writs of execution. Please call ahead for number of documents required. Refer to P.R.C.P. 3252 for types of documents.