AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COMMISSIONS COMMITTEE
Chair: Tim McGinley
The Luzerne County Council accepts applications for all County Authorities, Boards, and Commissions on a rolling basis. All interested citizens of Luzerne County are invited to submit an application of interest. Please note that seats on some of these bodies are subject to specific requirements or qualifications.
- Accountability, Conduct and Ethics Commission
- Advisory Council on the Aging
- Agriculture Preservation Board
- Blighted Property Review Committee
- Board of Elections and Registration
- Children and Youth Advisory Board
- Conservation District Board
- Convention Center Authority
- Drug and Alcohol Executive Commission
- Flood Protection Authority
- Forty Fort Airport Advisory Board
- Hospital and Higher Education Authority
- Housing Authority Board
- Industrial Development Authority
- Luzerne County Community College Board of Trustees
- Luzerne-Wyoming Counties Mental Health and Developmental Services Program Advisory Board
- Luzerne County Planning Commission
- Recreational Facilities Advisory Board
- Redevelopment Authority Board
- Tax Assessment Appeals Board
- Tourist Promotion Agency
- Luzerne County Transportation Authority Board
- Workforce Investment Board
- Zoning Hearing Board
Please visit http://www.luzernecounty.org/county/boards-authorities to download an application, or contact Sharon Lawrence, Clerk of Council at 570-825-1634.
Completed applications should be submitted to Sharon Lawrence, Clerk of Council, Luzerne County Courthouse, 200 North River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to be considered for appointment. All who submit applications will be contacted for an interview.
ABC Eligibility List for 2017
Interested parties who submitted applications for Luzerne County Authorities, Boards, and Commissions prior to January 1, 2015 or who have not been interviewed for consideration are asked to submit new applications for 2017 vacancies.