Luzerne County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) / Mapping Department The GIS/Mapping Department’s mission is to provide professional enterprise Geographic Information Services to both the general public and numerous internal customers. Our goals are:
- To increase efficiencies and effectiveness of all spatial data usage.
- Improve the business effectiveness of other County offices that utilize GIS.
- Continue the enterprise-based and business-driven development of Luzerne County GIS efforts.
- Continue to be a regional resource of GIS data and expertise.
Responsibilities of the GIS/Mapping Department include:
- Review and process all recorded legal instruments related to property
- Provide GIS & Mapping services to the both the public and County offices
- GIS Enterprise Database Management
- Ad-hoc GIS analyses
- Oversee the quality control & quality assurance of all County GIS data layers
- Provide public safety related services (EMA & E911)
- Provide hardcopy & enhanced digital data products
GIS/Mapping Department200 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre PA 18711
Phone Number: (570) 825-1550